(617) 543-5278 firstname.lastname@example.org
American University – Washington, DC
Master of Arts in International Journalism Aug 2017
Capstone Project: Proficiency in storytelling, researching, editing and sound enhancements for the thesis video project.
Relevant Course Projects:
Backpack Documentary in Spanish: Produced news packages, short story videos and long news worthy documentaries.
Foreign Correspondence: researched on India as target country and produced short story news worthy videos.
Race and Ethnic Reporting: Reported on minorities in Washington D.C. metropolitan area and neighborhoods, produced news. packages and short story videos; published “Voices from Divided America” book highlighting multi-national experiences.
Reporting of the Public Affairs: Viewed Congressional hearings, requested first person interview with House/Senatorial members, created on-air story and participated in mock news desk.
Florida International University - Miami, FL
Bachelor’s in fine arts; Minor in Art History May 2015
· Women in the Visual Arts (WITVA) Scholarship Award - $2,500, Short Film Tabagh Mar 2016
· Betty McDonald (WITVA) Scholarship Award - $1,500, Short Film Tabagh Mar 2016
· Copenhagen Underground Film Festival - Short Film Ban Upon a Star Aug 2017
· Barcelona Short Film Festival - Short Film Ban Upon a Star Aug 2017
Short Film Ban Upon a Star
· Dean’s Internship Award - American University, Voice of America Jan 2018
Journalism & Production Experience:
Freelance Editor, Writer, Content Producer Jan 2018 - Present
· Supervised and led all stages of the book writing process including ideation, content generation, and conceptualization.
· Wrote creative content, statements and press releases for exhibitions, artist talks and symposiums.
· Under a tight timeline, created original creative content and gained high number followers on Facebook and Instagram.
Blog Correspondent and Fiction reader, The Brown Orient Aug 2018 - Present
· Interviewed and researched artists, members of the Asian community thoroughly for potential articles and blog posts.
· Pitched ideas, developed, created and delivered stories on time for the website.
· Wrote features, perspective, commentary, Op-Eds and reviews.
Contributor, Iranian Magazine, Seattle, WA Oct 2017 - Present
· Created social media content for publication
· performed relevant researches and interviews for each article
· Wrote features, Op-Eds and reviews
Social Media and Communications Specialist, IMAS, TX Jan 2018 – Jan 2019
· Created and published of relevant, original, high-quality content.
· Identified and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content.
· Created a regular publishing schedule through social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dean’s Internship, Voice of America, Washington, DC Jan 2017 – Apr 2017
· Involved with pre-production of Boko Haram documentary project.
· Identified and contacted sources for interviews.
· Edited raw footage of VOA’s Boko Haram video inventory.
Correspondent/ Contributor, Reorient Magazine, Toronto, Canada Mar 2014 – Mar 2017
· Interviewed and photograph Middle Eastern/North African artists, actresses and musicians; inquire about their career history and future aspirations.
· Authored monthly articles for several publications; increase readership by promoting articles through Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
· Recognized by magazine as top writer during 2015 publications for ensuring accuracy for both research and fact checking.
Reporter/ Contributor, Al Mahha Art Magazine, Kuwait Mar 2014 – Mar 2015
· Reported art exhibitions and galleries.
· Interviewed curators, artists and performers.
· Published reviews, feature and commentary articles.
Intern/Art Advisor, Miami Dade County, Miami, FL Apr 2013 – Aug 2014
· Filmed, edited and produced two-minute videos to summarize community advocacy events; showcased videos through organization’s website and several social media sites.
· Designed brochures and pamphlets, highlighting events with the Asian American Advisory Board designer.
· Published booklet on South Florida’s Asian pioneers and served as secretary of Asian American Advisory Board.
Journalist/ Reporter, The Beacon, Florida International University, Miami, FL Feb 2013 – Apr 2015
· Incorporated research and interviews.
· Published features, commentaries and Op-Ed articles.
· Language: advanced fluency in English and Farsi; intermediate fluency in French and Spanish; basic fluency in Arabic
· Social Media: ability to promote through Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
· Writing: AP Style, IAPWE-certified writer & editor
· Computer: Microsoft Office, Celtx, Wordpress, Drupal, ENPS, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Hootsuite, Trello
· Video/Audio Editing: Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro CS6, After Effects, Photoshop), Final Cut Pro, Newsflex, MTE
· Other: InDesign, Dreamweaver
· Master of Ceremony, Asian Culture Festival, Miami, FL Mar 2016
· Master of Ceremony, Armenian Night, ICS, Miami, FL Jan 2016
· Artist Coordinator/IP Host, SCOPE Art Fair, Art Basal, Miami Beach, FL Dec 2014
· Curator Assistant, Edge Zones International Performance Art Festival, Miami, FL June 2013
· Performance Artist/Host, SCOPE/TRIAD Art Basal, Miami Beach, FL Dec 2013
· Intern/Artist Coord/Cultural Services Assist, Cultural Services of Embassy of France, Miami Aug 2011-12